Boston, MA | (646) 554-9965
@mimikantor │ firstname.lastname@example.org
Client Services and Product Manager
Ambitious experienced leader with expertise in all facets of the software development life cycle, product development, financial management, and operations within large and small-scale organizations. Talented in collaborating with members and stakeholders of an organization to achieve technical, business, financial and mission-oriented objectives. Instrumental in implementing and improving processes, enhancing products, researching and applying technological solutions. Technical proficiency in database products including Salesforce, non-profit CRM’s and open source content management programs.
Non-profits | High-Level Negotiation Skills | Strategic Planning & Analysis
Client Services | Product Development | New Business Development
Business Analysis | Project Management | Sales Management
GRASSROOTS UNWIRED Bristol, PA | 2016 – Present
Vice President, Business Development – NonProfits
- Design and manage a sales and marketing plan meant to bring in new and continuing business from national non-profits.
- Advise on project management process, strategic planning and social media presence.
ROI SOLUTIONS INC., Cambridge, MA | 2014 – 2016
Technical Account Manager
- Oversee daily operations of client work with several well-established national non-profits, including proactive collaborative communication about technical issues within the database, regular release periods, and platform enhancements for a proprietary software that advances client fundraising efforts.
- Effectively communicate on a daily basis with clients about their needs, and ensure development teams understand and are responsive to client requirements.
- Work closely with clients to ensure excellent service including writing technical specs, building database maps, managing timelines and overseeing deliverables on new programming initiatives including api integrations.
- Design and deliver technical enhancement descriptions for the platform, resolving complex software issues.
- Research and present findings for enhanced internal/external client communications.
DATABASE DESIGNS, Boston, MA | 2009 – 2014
Account Manager and Non-Profit Technology Consultant
- Managed responses to initial RFPs with collaborative proposal writing.
- Ensured adequate internal staff resources for successful and effective project execution.
- Administered 30–40 Salesforce client accounts each month concurrently from sales to launch to provision of ongoing support.
- Assessed client requirements including mission-oriented outcomes analysis, collecting requirements, creating project scopes and budgets, timeframes and deliverables.
- Researched social programs, donation management, and other database needs to maximize the ability of the delivered product to assist in fulfilling each nonprofit’s outcomes.
- Analyzed software permissions and applied best practices to safeguard data privacy.
- Combination of strong business development and excellent customer service led to substantially increased company revenues and reduced project timelines.
- Utilized exceptional communication skills to negotiate enhancements and add-ons, resolve contract conflicts and issues, and facilitate strong business relationships with clients and technology consultants.
MIMI KANTOR CONSULTING, New York, NY and Boston, MA | 2006 – 2013
- Assisted small businesses, entrepreneurs, non-profits and sole proprietors in developing a digital presence.
- Migrated content from dozens of HTML websites to the WordPress platform.
- Implemented processes that aided clients with building content for new or redesigned websites utilizing the WordPress platform.
- Designed unique and effective collateral materials including event tickets, flyers, posters and website, business cards, trade show materials, proposal documents and client presentations.
ASD LABS, New York, NY | 2007 – 2008
- Assessed company objectives, created deliverable estimates, proposals and project scope documents for a wide array of businesses including small non-profits, large-scale medical information systems, and luxury resorts.
- Created marketing style guides and controlled the design of digital and print materials.
- Maintained adequate resources for website development including WordPress implementation, user interface design and application of data services for subscriptions and shopping carts.
CHANGE FOR KIDS, New York, NY | 2003 – 2006
Director of Business Operations
- Administered daily objectives to provide supplemental arts and education programs for elementary schools.
- Oversaw the conversion from Excel to nonprofit CRM software.
- Provided comprehensive financial management for the organization including monitoring the donation tracking system, analyzing data for the budget, and expense forecasting.
- Accurately prepared and presented quarterly financial reports for the Board of Directors.
GRUBER PHOTOGRAPHERS, New York, NY | 1997 – 2002
Studio and Business Development Manager
- Established and implemented best practices and strategies resulting in a 25% increase in revenue.
- Supervised studio operations including 5 full-time staff members and 20 subcontractors.
- Produced 500 ‘one-time only’ photo shoots from sales to contract to post-production.
- Led production and content creation of Gruber’s overall marketing and advertising plan.
Prior professional experience includes:
- Alumni Cooperative Co-Chair, Boston, Bennington College (2015 – present)
- Session Speaker, DMAW Bridge Conference, How’s your “street-cred?” Canvassing Options for your Organization (2016)
- Session Speaker, Nonprofit Risk Summit, Top 10 Lessons from Tech Disasters (2013)
- Session Speaker, NTEN Data Summit – Boston, The New Data Imperative (2012)
- Session Speaker, NTEN NTC, Web Project Management Today (2010)
- Video Editor, JP Progressives, Various Candidate Forum Videos (2010 – present)
- Project Manager, Faith Popcorn’s Brain Reserve (1996 – 1997)
- Special Events Associate, 92nd Street Y (1996)
- Sales & Marketing Coordinator, PolyGram Classics and Jazz (1995)
- Production Manager, Showboat Productions, “The Extraordinary” (1994)
- Coordinator, Venues and Special Events, World Cup USA (1994)
Education & Credentials
- Certificate of Completion, Practical Project Management, University of Massachusetts
- Master of Arts, Media Studies, The New School for Public Engagement, New York, NY
- Bachelor of Arts, Social Science, Bennington College, Bennington, VT
- Hadassah/Young Judaea’s Year Course, Jerusalem, Israel